Japanese Korokke (Croquette)
Korokke or croquettes is a food loved by people of all ages in Japan. It has been a popular dish in the land of the rising sun for over 100 years. The Japanese have no trouble finding korokke if they’re craving for some. They can find it in so many restaurants and stores in Japan but how about the people in other nations who also love such taste? Now, we have good news! We will teach you how to make Japanese croquettes at home! Follow the steps in the video and enjoy the tasty korokke.
Video and Recipe Courtesy of ochikeron
800g (1.8lb) potato
200g (7oz) ground beef and pork mixture
200g (7oz) onion
2 tbsp. butter
* 1tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
ketchup and/or mayonnaise if desired
vegetables of your choice
1. Cook hard-boiled eggs and roughly mince them. Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks and boil them until soften. Drain and mash them while hot.
2. Mince the onion and saute with butter until soft. Add ground beef and pork mixture and cook until done. Season with A.
3. In the pot of mashed potatoes (1.), mix chopped eggs (1.), and cooked onion and meat (2.).
4. Make the mixture flat in the pot and divide it into 16 equal portions.
5. Make flat and oval-shaped patties. Coat each piece with flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with panko.
6. Fry them in oil at 170C (340F) until cooked golden brown.
7. Serve croquettes with ketchup and/or mayonnaise if desired, and garnish with vegetables of your choice.
We believe a happy family and harmonious work-home environment is achievable with the management of expectations and a lifestyle of learning. Eden Grace Maids Agency aspires to cater to your needs for an ideal, dependable maid. We also hope to facilitate a good working relationship through proper integration and education programmes for both parties. We desire to guide domestic helpers to achieve their life goals during employment.
MAID AGENCY WITH A DIFFERENCE
“Building Lives, Building Families”