Filipino Maid-Indonesian Maid-Unexpected Hazards at Home
Filipino Maid–Indonesian Maid-Unexpected Hazards at Home
We buy our children umbrellas on rainy seasons, apply anti-mosquito lotions on them, and insist they wear their seatbelts in the car. But some of the most serious hazards aren’t found outdoors– they’re hiding in plain sight in our comfortable households. Learn which unexpected stuff are risky, and learn how to avoid accidents.
These are tiny batteries that are found in wristwatches and toys. Button batteries aren’t only choking hazard but may burn the esophagus when it opens up and leaks out caustic fluid after being ingested. If you suspect your child may have ingested a button battery, call your doctor immediately.
Research found that a kid is treated for a television-related injury every 30 minutes. TVs nowadays are slim and unsturdy. Make sure it cannot easily tip over when placed on low a furniture and pushed far back in your living room. We always put stuff on top of traditional TV sets and that’s what makes it more dangerous. Little children may attempt to climb up and grab the item.
In one look, they seem harmless. You’ll find them safe until your child cuts himself in one of the hamper wire from loose fabric. Wire-framed hampers are often light and colorful and therefore attract kids. Check for an interior wire with no protective cover and get rid of the hamper when the fabric starts to fray.
It is the most common cause of child injury according to research. Keep every chemicals out of your children’s reach specifically, in a locked cabinet. Also, refrain from putting any toxic substances in recycled containers, such as water bottles, because kids will likely mistake them for a drink.
Some magnets look like colored balls and sold as ‘stress relievers’ but are too dangerous if swallowed. When two magnets attract within the digestive system, it is like a gunshot wound to the gut, but with no sign of entry or exit. An X-ray should be done to your child immediately if he or she is suspected to have swallowed a magnet.
That unexpected item that lies around the house could be the cause of your child’s next injury. Be ready with your emergency kit and hospital phone numbers.