All We Need to Know About Changing Nappy
All We Need to Know About Changing Nappy
At the baby’s 22nd month, the live-in nanny will start noticing signs of potty training readiness in the child. The baby may pull at his dirty diaper, try to hide when he is about to pee, or the nanny may notice that the baby’s diaper is dryer for a longer time. For babies from zero to twenty months old, on the other hand, Indonesian nanny or Filipino nanny has no choice but to secure the little one’s poop and pee with a nappy.
Eden Grace Maid Agency is concerned with your family and the Filipino live-in nanny’s growth as a helper. Here are things she must know about nappies and how to avoid diaper rashes.
Cloth diapers or disposable nappies?
Disposable diapers are ready on the go which means the Indo nanny or Filipino nanny can grab some when she’s in a hurry to go outdoors with the baby. It is also more convenient, less messy, and neater to use for the baby. The disadvantage for disposable diapers is that the accumulated costs can be too high. Babies will dirty their diapers about 10 times a day, so parents may expect that a dozen nappies are never enough for a one-week use.
Cloth diapers are regaining its popularity nowadays. More and more parents are using them to save money. The traditional prefold diapers, for example, are used by grandmas and are washable. There are fitted diapers, pocket diapers, contour, and flats! There are many types of cloth diapers to choose from. Its downside is that the live-in nanny needs extra time to wash the poop and pee out of them every day but the amount we can save when using cloth nappies are huge too!
Dealing with diaper rash.
The Indo nanny or Filipino nanny will know that the baby is suffering from diaper rash when there are visible blisters and sores, scattered red bumps, dryness and scaling on the baby’s bottom, or if the baby feels uncomfortable and distressed.
How to avoid diaper rash:
1) Don’t leave the dirty diaper with the baby for too long. A soiled stinky diaper is the primary reason for the baby’s irritation. The baby’s wastes can lead to irritation and eventually, diaper rash. The baby’s skin is easily irritated because it’s sensitive, so it’s important for the live-in maid to change the nappy once it becomes dirty.
The live-in nanny can change the diaper if she notices that the baby is crying, his bottom is smelling after the nanny has given it a good whiff, or by simply peeking inside his nappy.
2) One of the causes of rashes is trapped moisture on the baby’s bottom area. Most disposable nappies are designed to be leak-free and that’s how moisture gets trapped in his bottom. Bacteria grow exponentially in warm humid environments, and the baby’s moist thigh is ideal for rash growth. To avoid it, the Indo nanny or Filipino nanny must pat the baby’s bottom with a dry cloth and expose it to dry first before putting on the nappy, especially after bathing or washing him.
Warning: Health workers find that using baby powder to dry the babies’ bottom has hidden respiratory risks and may cause breathing problems.
3) The diaper itself or the baby wipes that the Indo nanny of Filipino nanny is using may contain strong chemicals that trigger the rashes. Baby’s skin is delicate but there are babies who have extra delicate skin! That means the Indo nanny or Filipino nanny must use wipes that are fragrance-free or alcohol-free, otherwise, it will irritate the baby’s skin. When we’re using disposable diapers, employer’s may purchase those that have no chlorine in them. Parents and the live-in nanny should both get to know their baby products well and if it suits the baby’s type of skin.
4) Severe diaper rash is characterized by severe peeling of skin, edema, numerous fluid-containing bumps, and intense redness. In times like this, the Indo nanny or Filipino nanny must inform the employer first to find the physician-recommended ointments, creams, and petroleum jelly that can treat the baby’s rash.
5) The easiest way to cure diaper rash is to let your little one go nappy-free for some time. The live-in nanny can let the baby roll and kick on the bed for 10-15 minutes before putting in some diaper. This lets his bottom dry and air out a little bit.
We want to encourage the Indonesian nanny or Filipino nanny to be well-equipped in taking care of your baby. We hope she learned something from this article.
The family’s health and safety should be the top priority. Eden Grace Maid Agency offers maid services which will help us secure our children’s safety when we’re not around. The choice to hire a maid who can take care of the tiring household chores and things we cannot handle on our own will definitely be a plus point!